Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My new Gaming rig's Rundown


Few years back having a computer system with a Quad Core CPU, a terabyte of Hard Disk, 4 gigs of DDR3 memory and a Graphic card with a GTX suffix having its own 1 GB of graphic memory seemed like one of those wildest dreams of a computer geek. I was no computer geek but I loved to keep myself updated with latest developments in the hardware & technologies or any computer related news and I fancied to have one such high end system which is generally termed as 'Enthusiastic' in computer terminologies.
Of all the computer peripherals sitting inside a computer tower what fascinated me most was the Graphic Card, the GPU which is the costliest item of all the other parts if you have taken a mid or high-end card and its a fact that anyone who is fairly inclined towards gaming or has something to do with 3D applications will first of all put most of his money in the GPU which has got enough power for his requirements.

A Dell XPS Gaming Rig

But as always whats fast now becomes last in no time. Times make everything outdated but nothing as faster as any computer hardware. What you got for 10 grands turns into 5 grands the next year, sometimes the same year !!
Anyways I recently got a similar kind of configuration which I mentioned above, the only disparity being my new processor is of two cores but since its a 45 nm based processor with 1333 MHz FSB one can see its not lagging far behind. Rest is more or less the same config which I always wanted to have: A nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ GPU with 1 GB RAM, [its undoubtedly the jewel of my system :-)] well supported by 4 Gigs of DDR3 memory and 1 TB HDD for my storage needs. I wanted to have 10,000 RPM HDD but that was sadly out of my reach. A component which is generally neglected by most of the guys is the PSU (Power Supply Unit or SMPS) but it must be known that a cheap SMPS can cost the whole system quite dearly especially if you have connected a whole lot of power hungry apparatuses inside the cabinet. Its the unit that powers the whole system so it must be ensured that it is capable of taking that minimum load or it can simply break down. I knew its importance so I settled down with 500 Watt PSU from Corsair (it was costlier than a same kinda 'Antec' PSU and I was glad to see that, as Antec makes quite costly PSUs and is one of the best in business).

Running CRYSIS with this machine on my 19" widescreen with every single quality setting maxed out was helluva a visual delight. This "CRYSIS" is considered to be one of the biggest system hog games of all time but at the same time its the most photo-realistic game ever created. Its like a benchmark for the upcoming computer systems, if your system is able to run Crysis then you must be a proud owner of a fairly good system (not to mention that not too long ago his must have been quite a system but there you are..cannot be ever young).
As of now I'm basking in this gratifying fact that I'm a owner of a system which is capable of running all the next generation games in HD with highest quality settings without any hiccup.



Assembling it all which took me back by more than what a 150 CC bike would have is not really a bad deal if you are into gaming considering the fact that my ever thirsty gaming appetite has been put down to rest and its indeed satiated for the time being and i'm busy relishing its sheer brute power ..!!

1 comment:

  1. ohh my ghoshhh.....
    its an awesome config man....
    i can still dream only abt tht seeing my bank balance yar...
    nways aunga kisi din kelne ....tere comp me
    njoy dude...!!!!

    ReplyDelete