Thursday, April 9, 2009

"I'm Yours"


Last time I heard Jason Mraz while in college days I kinda liked the way he sang "Remedy". Its unusual beats well coordinated with a cool lyrics and a great rhythm was a treat to listen. The moment one of my good friends there at the hostel who had an enormous collection of music of sundry genres made me listen to it I knew it ought to be there in my music folder as well.
That was one of best the songs of his debut album which topped the charts for quite a time, but sadly other songs got lost unheard, and though I have listened the other songs I'm finding it tough to recall any. His second album performed below average cuz of the obvious reasons; none of the songs were likable. All were simply duds.

Jason Mraz

Now fast forward to 2009 and everybody's listening "I'm yours" and pouring heaps of praises for the singer and it can't be reasoned why..!! I listened it once and it really at once will strike a chord with the listener I'm sure about it. I can go on to say that he's unlike those singers who just ponder and chide over life or anything by means of their songs, that don't serve any purpose except making one sick and dejected with his own situation. The way it has been sung in a very laid back manner is just beautiful and I don't know how much its helping others to cheer up, listening to it automatically lifts my spirits, putting me in a good and positive mood every time I listen to it. This is the reason its a hit all over the place and folks are finding it such a pleasant song. Even the video is equally cool and appears quite natural.

As of now apart from Coldplay's Viva La Vida this one has turned out to be my favorite song and I can't stop myself listening it again and again !!

No comments:

Post a Comment