Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What ya listening..!!

It has been said music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ( & by that I don't mean its a replacement for a daily shower which would wash away all the dust off your ephemeral form :-P).
I spend more than half of my time when I'm awake listening to music. As lately I've been home, these hours have accordingly increased a lot but when in office its such a pain to be unable to get indulged in a luxury called music. Surely rules are there for the workplace but what I feel is one should be allowed to listen to the music unless the people around aren't getting disturbed out of it and most importantly its not hindering his performance and efficiency at work as I have seen lots of guys like me who do and give their best when the music is on.
Anyways that was just another creative idea of mine, as innocuous as me..:-)

This one is all about these beautiful songs I've been listening of late and which I would love to share with you all..consisting of few all time favorites of mine and some fresh ones in the list. It won't really be possible to mention each and every song that I've been listening as that's quite a huge playlist, nevertheless I'm mentioning the ones which I enjoy listening and which happen to appear in the frequently played list.

# Heavy Fuel - Dire Straits
Its is one of my all time favorites and never a single time it has felt insipid to me. One of my friends Shshank living in the room upstairs in the hostel introduced me to this band by playing its songs over and over and thus I got familiar with 'Dire Straits' and ultimately turned into a big time fan of theirs. This song apart from "Romeo and juliet" & "Sultans of swing" are not the ones to be missed !

# Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
Its unusual lyrics are still a mystery for most of the listeners. To some it seems like a satanic verse and for me its just an amazing song.

# World in my eyes - Depeche Mode

I love it as its an energetic song with full of electronic beats completed by a dark sensual voice. Though people have different opinions, some term it as too erotic a song.

# Elegantly wasted - INXS
Old INXS fans would be at one with me if I say "Elegantly wasted" doesnt really sound like the usual INXS..in it they sound so much rejuvenated and differently styled.

# You got it - Roy Orbison
The 'Pretty Woman' guy is as jolly and jocund as ever in this song.

# Light my fire - The Doors
A wonderful rendition of great guitar chords and organ in an equally compelling & passionate song.

# High hopes - Pink Floyd
To feel the real charm of this song, get high and put this on ..:)
All in all a very influential song depicting a life a youth can relate with.

# Butterfly - Crazytown
Crazytown got lost into obscurity after giving this song. I'm listening this song after quite long and this time its sounding much better.

# Child in time -Deep purple
One may get confused with the opening beats of the song as some bollywood track but beneath that lies a sombre meaning to the song.

# Losing my religion - R.E.M.
One of the only REM songs apart from 'Everybody hurts' that I like. This was an immense hit and with it REM was able to reach out to masses maintaining their original style at the same time.

# Return to innocence- Enigma
An enigmatic song that will surely stimulate ones mind bringing back memories from the past.

# Another brick in the wall - Marilyn Manson
If you liked the original track by Pink Floyd, you'll surely like this one as well for Marilyn Manson has sung it in its unique trademark style. The music is quite appealing.

A couple of latest tracks too:

# I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Have already talked about this song in my earlier post. Its great by the way.

# Sober - Pink
Pink has come a long way since its 'Stupid girls' and its songs have now have far more depth to them. Listen to sober and you'll find yourself as a far more sober person than you were..:-D

# Jai Ho - A.R.Rahman & Pussycat Dolls
Its topping the charts since its release here, there and everywhere and it indeed has a reason for that. Superbly remixed to an already wonderful song. Its a treat listening it.



8 comments:

  1. Hey good listening dude,
    I am into Pink FLoyd,whole-soully :D
    Then there is one great man, Nusrat fateh Ali Khan :)
    Music washes every sin, agreed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I'm a great fan of Pink Floyd. Be it High hopes or comfortably numb or another brick in the wall or money or Learning to fly, each one is unparalleled and one may find it really a tough job to pick out the best among all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arre bandu tora hindi bhi suna karo... Hamare Kishore, Rafi, Mukesh aur Lataji bhi kuch aache gane gaye hai.. Chalo koi baat nahi waise angrezi gane ke lyrics sar ke uppar se nikal jate hai.. waise Zombie is my one of the favourite english song... Hope u new generation of ours don't give a miss to our legendry singers.. Chalo pasand apni apni... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaar I used to listen Kishore & Md. Rafi a lot while at home..I have a good collection of Hindi classics as well. But here as of now I've to satisfy myself with what I have. Next time I'll be home I'll get my whole collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats the spirit....waise its choice which can not be changed by others..

    waise m agree with u ki workplace me music sunna allowed hona chahiye..

    waise aajkal hamare yaha to allowed hai...:)

    tumhare bolg ka baad wala hissa upar se nikal gaya..as i don't listen english music...

    ReplyDelete
  6. please also try
    "learning to fly' by tom Petty
    and "wires" by athelete

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shanks.....!!!! I'm honored to have your comment here in my blog..where have you been yaar..?? Kaisa hai..kya haal hain..??

    By the way I already have learning to fly by tom petty and the heartbreakers.
    But I'll surely look for wires. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yahi hoon yaar.:) .. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete